Cannabidiol is one of over 100 chemical compounds that come from cannabis. Better known as CBD it is a popular natural remedy used effectively for numerous common ailments. CBD, unlike Tetrahydrocannabinol, is not psychoactive. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. It is responsible for the “high” sensation that is closely associated with marijuana. Because of this, CBD is a better option for anyone who is looking for treatment without the mind-altering effects of THC or the long-term side-effects of pharmaceutical drugs. CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant and then diluted with a carrier oil such as hemp seed or coconut oil. It’s gaining recognition in the health and wellness industry as more and more scientific studies prove its effectiveness in easing symptoms of ailments such as chronic pain and anxiety.
Here are a few of the many benefits of cannabis oil that are supported by scientific evidence:
- Pain Relief – Marijuana has been used as a treatment for pain as far back as 2900 B.C. In modern day studies, scientists have pinpointed specific components of marijuana, including CBD, as responsible for its pain-relieving effects.
- Reducing Anxiety & Depression – CBD oil is showing promise as a treatment for depression and anxiety, providing a natural approach to these common disorders.
- Alleviate Cancer Related Symptoms – CBD helps alleviate symptoms of cancer and side-effects of treatment such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- Treat Acne – CBD oil provides anti-inflammatory properties and reduces sebum production.
- Neurological Disorders – CBD’s ability to act on the endocannabinoid system and other brain signaling systems results in benefits for those suffering neurological disorders
- Heart Health – CBD has been linked to benefits for the heart and circulatory system, including lowering high blood pressure.
- Antipsychotic Effects – CBD may help people with schizophrenia and other mental problems by reducing psychotic symptoms.
- Treatment of Substance Abuse – CBD can modify circuits in the brain related to drug addiction.
- Anti-tumor Effects – CBD has shown to prevent the spread of breast, prostate, brain, colon and lung cancer.
- Diabetes Prevention – CBD reduces the incidence of diabetes and inflammation